Volunteers make futures brighter. In regions across Canada, volunteers are at the heart of Shine, sharing their valuable time and skills. They’re planning events, helping with local Shine experiences, and engaging their communities. No matter what they’re doing, our volunteers are making a difference for Shine children and youth, making it possible for Shine to fulfill many experiences for youth who deserve an extra special experience.
There are many ways you can get involved: be a community ambassador, or host a fundraiser your own way. Visit DreamRaiser for ideas, or reach out to our team!
Shine recognizes the dedication and commitment of one of our most vital resources - our volunteers. See how our volunteers are celebrated: Read more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of volunteer roles are available?
a) Shine signature events or third party events: Set-up/tear-down, selling tickets, parking, etc.
b) DreamLift: On-Plane volunteers (reserved for medical professionals only to assist children during their adventure to Disney.) *The Shine DreamLift is on pause in 2023 until further notice.
2. Shine Operations:
a) Admin Support: Provide support for the Shine office team including data entry, writing, research, etc.
b) Call Campaigns: Make calls to Shine's network of donors, volunteers or corporate partners as needed
3. Fundraising: Create your own event or host an event. Details on DreamRaiser.
4. Shine Experience Delivery: Deliver a Shine Experience to a recipient
5. Community Ambassador: Assist Shine in recruiting new volunteers in your community
- Do I need to have previous volunteer experience?
No, volunteer experience is not mandatory but is considered a bonus.
- Do I need a police check to volunteer?
Some of our volunteer roles may require a police check. The costs of this will be covered by Shine.
- Where do I find information about current volunteer opportunities?
We will post all opportunities here on our website. You can also follow us on social media to stay in touch.
- When is the next Shine DreamLift in my area and how can I volunteer to take part?
The Shine DreamLift is on pause in 2023 until further notice.
- How will I find out what is happening with Shine?
Volunteer communications are emailed to registered volunteers and has information on upcoming volunteer opportunities as well as success stories. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn @TheShineFoundationCanada
- What do I need to do if I or a group of volunteers wants to organize a fundraising event in support of Shine?
Fundraising events are important to Shine- large or small. They help to spread the word about Shine’s programming across Canada and raise support for more Shine Experiences! If you or a group are interested in planning your own event, please email events [at] shinefoundation [dot] ca (events[at]shinefoundation[dot]ca) to share your idea with us.
- Our organization is interested in group volunteer opportunities, how do we go about this?
Please email volunteer [at] shinefoundation [dot] ca (volunteer[at]shinefoundation[dot]ca)
- You have not answered my question. Who can I contact?
Please contact volunteer [at] shinefoundation [dot] ca (volunteer[at]shinefoundation[dot]ca). Our team will gladly answer your questions.